Why Mold Must Never Be Disturbed
Eliminating mold from large areas of the home or office requires expertise and protection and should never be touched.
What is Mold?
Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in moist, dark environments. It can grow on a variety of non-porous surfaces, including wood, paper, and carpet. Mold is often found in homes, schools, and businesses. While small amounts of mold are not harmful, large amounts can be. Disturbing mold can release spores into the air which is never good.
It is commonly found in homes and businesses that have suffered water damage or have high humidity levels. Mold can damage the structure of a building and negatively impact the quality of life for residents.
For this reason, it is crucial that mold growth is removed by trained professionals.
Damp Areas Not Only Grow Mold
Although mold and its spores are literally everywhere, active mold growth requires moisture. Whether on visible surfaces or hiding behind drywall, in attics, or under carpets, indoor mold grows in the presence of excessive dampness or water. Also found in damp indoor environments are:
- dust mites
- airborne chemicals, gasses, and particulate matter caused by the destruction of materials.
- Microorganisms and molds break down organic compounds into products, including proteins, cell-wall fragments (glucans), and volatile organic chemicals (the actual source of the musty odor associated with mold)
If you suspect there is mold in your home or business, it is important to call a professional mold removal company like SERVPRO of Central Glendale. Our trained technicians will safely and effectively remove the mold from your property.
Mold removal from large areas (such as entire houses or offices) requires both skill and safety. This is for the experts as well as people who live in the affected area. Give SERVPRO of Glendale a call at 818-246-2200 and we will schedule our mold remediation team to remove it fast.