Pet Fire Safety
Never leave pets alone around an open flame. If your pet is rowdy, it's best to avoid candles.
Prevent Your Pets from Starting Fires
The National Fire Protection Association estimates that nearly 1,000 home fires each year are accidentally started by the homeowners' pets.
The American Kennel Club and ADT Security Services have joined forces to provide the following tips:
- Extinguish Open Flames - Pets are generally curious and will investigate cooking appliances, candles, or even a fire in your fireplace. Ensure your pet is not left unattended around an open flame and make sure to thoroughly extinguish any open flame before leaving your home.
- Remove Stove Knobs - Be sure to remove stove knobs or protect them with covers before leaving the house - a stove or cook top is the number one piece of equipment involved in your pet starting a fire.
- Invest in Flameless Candles - These candles contain a light bulb rather than an open flame, and take the danger out of your pet knocking over a candle. Cats are notorious for starting fires when their tails turn over lit candles.
Help Firefighters Help Your Pets
- Secure Young Pets - keep them confined away from potential fire-starting hazards when you are away from home such as in crates or behind baby gates in secure areas.
- Keep pets near entrances when away from home. Keep collars on pets and leashes at the ready in case firefighters need to rescue your pet. When leaving pets home alone, keep them in areas or rooms near entrances where firefighters can easily find them.
- Affix a pet alert window cling and write down the number of pets inside your house and attach the static cling to a front window. This critical information saves rescuers time when locating your pets. Make sure to keep the number of pets listed on them updated.
SERVPRO to the Rescue!
SERVPRO restores a commercial water damaged building.
Dealing with water damage is not easy. If you’ve ever walked into your home or office and realized you have water damage, you know how frustrating and stressful it can be. Sewage backup, earthquakes and floods, as well as house fires mean water in areas where it should not be. When water invades your property, you need professional water damage restoration in Glendale to solve the problem.
Floods, hurricanes and other natural disasters aren’t the only things you can associate with water damages. In fact, many water damage issues happen due to broken pipes, failed sump pump, clogged toilets or leaking washing machine hose. These can destroy your space in just a matter of hours. Don’t let a seemingly small problem becomes worse. Immediately find a reliable water damage restoration Glendale. Don’t skip the services of a reputable damage restoration company, as the problem can become even more expensive when not treated right away.
Although we always do everything we can to respond as quickly as possible, there may be times when it will take us some time to get to your property. While waiting for our arrival, there are certain things you can do in order to minimize further damage. The process does not have to be too complicated. Once you do the following tips, you can speed the process of helping you get back to normal.
- Blot or mop up the wear areas using towels.
- If you can access the circuit breakers safely, make sure that you turn the power off in every affected area. This must also be done for your water shut off valve in order to stop the water flow.
- Remove anything that could stain on wet floors or carpets like newsprint items and books.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from furniture and put in a dry area.
- Remove all items that are sensitive to moisture from any affected areas and place them in a dry, safe area.
- Avoid any contact with wet areas if the water didn’t originate from a clean source.
- In case you’ve come in contact with the contaminated water, make sure to wash your hands thoroughly and immediately.
- Don’t enter a room where there’s a possible electric shock hazard.
- HVAC units must be turned off, as they can spread contaminated air.
- Don’t try to extract water using a household vacuum cleaner or use fans to try drying the structure. This is an unsafe practice that could cause an electric shock or the machine could be damaged.
- Don’t use any of your electrical appliances while standing on concrete, wet carpets or any types of flooring.
- Place plywood or foil under furniture legs in order to separate them from wet flooring or carpeting.
Commercial Water Damage Events present unique challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Los Angeles commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need. You may contact us 24/7 at (818) 246-2200.
About SERVPRO of Central Glendale
SERVPRO of Central Glendale specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
A storm caused the basement to flood
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Los Angeles basement could flood, including:
A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
Storm sewer backup
Sanitary sewer backup
Foundation drainage failure
Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
And many more
A flood could be caused by heavy rain runoff. For the past few days, we have had more rain in Los Angeles than we could remember! Calls about this issue have been swinging in!
If water damage is not handled quickly and properly, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure not to mention the potential harmful health effects of mold. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Have Questions? Call Us Today – We’re Here To Help - (818) 246-2200
SERVPRO drying the carpets.
A roof leak caused this buliding in Glendale, CA to have a flood in the office rooms. This picture shows you how the carpet is soaking wet and we removed the furnitures so it would be easy for us to remove the carpet and start inspecting if there is any mold. The incident happened overnight and the very next day the ceo of the company called SERVPRO of Central Glendale and we did an inspection within the hour we went back to grab our equipment. Once we came bak we started to do our work and the we finished within three days. The total progress was within five days of work. The owner was very pleased and surprised that we finished the work so fast.
Fire in the classroom.
A fish tank in a classroom exploded overnight caused half the classrooms and the basement to catch on fire in a school in the Los Angeles area. This picture shows that one of the classrooms that got more damaged than any other rooms. SERVPRO of Central Glendale was called in by the principle of the school the very next day within thirty minutes we have arrived to the damage areas. Fire is very dangerous and its usually hard to get rid of when it spreads rapidly. The process of the work took about a week and two days to finish. The owner was thrilled when he saw the aftermath of the work we did for them and he said "The classrooms look amazing and thank you again!"
A roof leak caused this room to have damages to the walls and floors of a church located in the Los Angeles area. This picture shows the mess left behind after all the water had receded. SERVPRO of Central Glendale was called in to do an inspection and withinn an hour we came back with our equipment, and than we started to do our work. SERVPRO of Central Glendale finished the job within five days. The owner of the buliding was thrilled when we arrive prepared and ready to work. He said, "I was very impressed with the work that they did, they were very polite and organized. Now I know who to call just in case if I ever have any damages at all."
When storms hit LA, SERVPRO is ready!
Storms hit LA area, SERVPRO will be ready to take action!
SERVPRO of Central Glendale specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Glendale, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (818) 246-2200
Does your home have a Mold Problem?
Mold located on the walls of a Glendale home.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (818) 246-2200
Be careful! Mold can be very dangerous.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
Stay out of affected areas.
Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
Contact SERVPRO of Central Glendale for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Central Glendale specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (818) 246-2200